Development is typically based on a learning needs analysis.
But, what of the learner’s needs analysis?
Organizational development is typically prescribed according to academic models of success. It is with individuals’ self-described paths to those objectives that learning can be transferred into performance more precisely.
You’ve told us that your learning activities are meant to transfer organizational development objectives, at all levels, to drive performance closer to the competency framework supporting your mission.
Well… We know that understanding ‘who they are’ or ‘what they need to do’ is not enough for employee development. Understanding their unique mindsets that underpin their performance decisions expresses ‘how they choose to work’, in ways designed to enhance their engagement at work. Let’s start there.
See [below] the Benefits of using BASIS… [with Development activities]
Drive the Momentum:
- Construct likely performance models – for each individual, key relationship and team – from the unique business mindsets that underpin every decision at work and frame the authentic culture at every level of your organization – to form a baseline for your needs analyses
- Honor diverse mindsets in performance preferences that map to current business goals and predict the needs for the next phase of your business, to describe authentic, individual learning paths for organizational needs
- Source and Recruit for actual gaps in authentic capabilities to build a more diverse workforce, complementing development with appropriate new talent
- Expand learning and development to foster constructive conflict in support of authentic collaboration, in addition to deeper, more targeted learning in more personalized paths.
- Create transformative processes and transparent communication to serve the diverse needs of your authentic workforce and develop a learning needs analysis based on the learner’s needs.
- Predict how rising pressure at work will impact the decisions of individuals and teams in fostering on-the-job development, as they stay productive
[Mitigate crises before you reach them]
- Show your people how to use their BASIS profiles to make choices, in every aspect of their work, to personal transitions on-the-job to increase productivity, without sacrificing their own engagement
CASE STUDIES AND WHITE PAPERS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST